How We Help
We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…
- We have helped approximately 300 families with more than $1.5 million in direct financial assistance.
- More than 100 patients, siblings and family members have attended family outings and received emotional support since January 2009.
- In partnership with Renown and the Ronald McDonald House charities, we created and distributed more than 1,000 copies of the Northern Nevada Childhood Cancer Resource Guide.
- Established the Northern Nevada Childhood Cancer Collaborative.
- Established a program at Renown Regional Medical Center that provides financial assistance for the needs of the clinic. The program sponsors Beads of Courage, a toy closet, meal and taxi vouchers and Kylee’s Reading Corner.
- Purchased $25,000 in medical equipment for the new Children’s Infusion Center at Renown Regional Medical Center.
- Coordinated three annual Childhood Cancer Awareness events.
- Hosted 10 holiday parties for patients and their families at Renown Regional Medical Center.
- Hosted three Reel Kids, Real Living fly-fishing retreats for patients and their families.
- Adopted more than 162 families during the holidays, delivering more than $125,000 in gifts from the community to families.
- Raised $1,153,593 for childhood cancer research by shaving approximately 1,800 northern Nevada heads at local St. Baldrick’s fundraisers.
- Traveled to Washington, D.C. nine times to meet with Nevada legislators to educate them of the importance of increased research funding. As a result, the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act was signed into law in August 2008.
- Distributed 15,000 gold ribbon pins to educate our community.