Join us for the First Annual Take a Swing at Childhood Cancer Fundraiser
Calling all baseball fans! NNCCF is proud to announce a reimagined version of our annual baseball themed event, A Giant Event for Childhood Cancer, now known as Take A Swing at Childhood Cancer.
This new event taking place at the Greater Nevada Field promises to be a unique, memorable and heartwarming event that will put the FUN in FUNdraising. Competitors in the homerun derby include former professional baseball players from major and minor league as well as UNR Baseball alumni. San Francisco Giants baseball player and sportscaster Mike Krukow will be in attendance telling baseball stories from his time in the MLB.
Beginning at 6:30 PM, ticket holders will be provided with drinks and hors d’oeuvres and the opportunity to bid on both silent and live auction items including one-of-a-kind baseball memorabilia. Below is a rundown of the nights planned activities:
- 5:30 PM: VIP Cocktails & Catch – Grab a cocktail and step foot on the field where our very own Reno Aces play. Feeling extra active? Bring a glove and play catch on the field!
- 6:30 PM: Program & Auction – Enjoy heavy appetizers and learn more about NNCCF, hear encouraging words from current players and broadcasters and bid on one- of-a-kind baseball memorabilia and fun activities.
- 7:30 PM: Homerun Derby – Join us in the stands and bet, Calcutta style, on your favorite athlete!
- Finale: Firework Show – End the evening with a bang! An intimate fireworks show serves as the vibrant and exciting end to the night.
- Individual ticket price: $200
Includes: Auction & Program, Homerun Derby, Firework Show
- VIP ticket price: $350
Includes: Cocktails & Catch, Auction & Program, Homerun Derby, Firework Show
- VIP Sponsor prices start at: $3,500
Includes: Table for 8, logo on ticker, logo on Scoreboard and names of table guests
VIP Annual Sponsorships, Platinum Sponsorships and Event Sponsorships also available
Worldwide, a child is diagnosed with cancer every two minutes. In the U.S., 1 out of 264 children will receive a cancer diagnosis before turning 20. Closer to home, the Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer (NNCCF) Foundation supports approximately 120 families with a childhood cancer diagnosis every year – around 50 percent of which are new diagnosis.
For 22 years, NNCCF has provided emotional and financial support to our youngest cancer warriors and their families living in Northern Nevada. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, NNCCF relies exclusively on the generosity of our community through grant funding, individual donors, corporate sponsorships and revenue generated from fundraising events.