Take a Swing at Childhood Cancer
Thank you for your support, the event was a hit! If you missed the event or would like to make a donation, please use this donation form:
About the event:
Join our team of homerun heroes including Mike Krukow, current and former San Francisco Giants players, UNR Baseball Alumni and other baseball greats as we Take a Swing at Childhood Cancer! Taking place at Greater Nevada Field, this exciting baseball extravaganza is a reimagined version of our prior event, A Giant Event for Childhood Cancer.
5:30 PM: VIP Cocktails & Catch – Grab a cocktail and step foot on the field where our very own Reno Aces team plays. Feeling active? Bring a glove and play catch on the field.
6:30 PM: Program & Auction – Enjoy appetizers and drinks while you hear baseball stories from current players and broadcasters, bid on amazing auction items including one-of-a-kind baseball memorabilia, and learn more about NNCCF.
8:00 PM: Homerun Derby – Who will win the Homerun Derby? Join us in the stands and bet on your favorite athlete!
Dark: Firework Show – End the evening with a bang! A private fireworks show serves as the vibrant and exciting finale to the night.
Where and When?
- Greater Nevada Field,
- June 22, 2022
- 5:30 for VIP, 6:30 General Admission
Where do I park?
- Park in the lot at the corner of Lake and 2nd Streets, or in the parking garage at 300 E 2nd St #1210, Reno, NV 89501.
What should I wear?
- This is a ballpark event, so dress casual! The firework show will start after dark, so bring something to bundle up in when the sun goes down.
What should I bring?
- Bring your generosity! The auction is sure to have something amazing you need in your life.
- If you purchased a VIP ticket, bring a glove for Catch & Cocktails!
Will you feed me?
- Of course! The menu will include pulled pork sliders, ballpark sausages, mac n’ cheese, and more!
- We will have vegetarian and gluten free options available.
How about drinks?
- All attendees will receive 2 drink tickets to use at the bar. Unlimited water and soda will also be available.
What’s the entertainment lineup?
- Our local baseball legend, Mike Krukow, will be telling baseball stories from his time with the Giants as both player and broadcaster.
- Reno Aces on-field emcee, Chris Payne, will host the evening
- Special guest appearances by current and former Giant’s, Aces, and UNR baseball players
- As soon as it gets dark, FIREWORKS!
Who is competing in the Home Run Derby?
- You’ll get a chance to bid on your pick for the Homerun Derby!
- Don Price, UNR Baseball Alum, dad to cancer warrior Brady
- Anthony Carano, UNR Baseball Alum, Caesar’s Entertainment
- Jeff Rowe, UNR Football Alum, Seahawks, Patriots, and Bengals pro NFL player
- Chris Gimenez, UNR Baseball Alum, Indians, Mariners, Rays, Rangers, Cubs, and Twins pro MLB player
- Chris Shanks, UNR Baseball Alum, Dickson Commercial Group
- Mark Folgner, Project Manager for the construction of Greater Nevada Field
- Chris Aguila, McQueen High Baseball Alum, Marlins, Pirates, Mets, Phillies, and other pro MLB teams
- Blake Lalli, Field Coordinator for the Arizona Diamondbacks, MLB major and minor league player
- Joel Fountain, Marlins minor league MLB player
- TJ Bruce, UNR Baseball Head Coach
How do I bid on auction items?
- We have partnered with QGiv to host our auction this year – we’ll help you get logged in at the event!
- Stay tuned – items will be listed soon!
Thank you to our event sponsors:
RHP Mechanical Systems
Sierra Nevada Construction
Vasko Electric Inc.
Phillips Family Foundation
Panelized Structures Inc.
The Medical Professionals
International Lining Technology