This Season’s Gift-Giving at NNCCF
By Natalie Van Hoozer
It’s holiday time! But what does that mean at NNCCF?
For starters, we cannot thank everyone enough for the gifts donated to us for the holidays. But did you know that we now have another way you can show love to our families?
View our holiday giving fundraiser here and when you donate $25 or more, you can send a dedicated certificate to the person of your choice. The certificate is just a small way to acknowledge that your generous contribution helps to brighten the lives of the families receiving support from NNCCF this holiday season. It’s a great gift for those hard to shop for!
By donating this way, you help us here at NNCCF to continue our mission. In 2015 alone we have helped over 100 families of children with cancer, emotionally and financially.
What Else Can I Do?
If you are looking to help us this season in another way, we have some ideas for you! Although we aren’t set up to have a large quantity of on-site volunteers in our office, we always need help fundraising and increasing our visibility in the Northern Nevada community.
To do this, you could:
- Hold a bake sale (it could be holiday cookie-themed!) at the location of your choice and donate the proceeds to NNCCF.
- Host a winter crafts party and ask for small donations from your guests. Possible crafts might be gingerbread houses or paper snowflakes! It is also helpful if you explain to your guests about NNCCF, “word of mouth” can be extremely effective in helping us to spread children’s cancer awareness.
- Run a toy or book drive and donate the materials to our kiddos!
- You could even make paper ornaments to symbolize what your donations to NNCCF might be. For example, you or a group of friends could make paper ornaments depicting gas pumps if you will be donating gas cards to NNCCF families.
- Have a special skill? That skill can become a gift to our community! For example, if you are a photographer, you could take holiday pictures of people and their pets and donate the proceeds to NNCCF.
- If you have any other ideas for ways to give to/volunteer at NNCCF, we’d love to hear from you!