Shop AmazonSmile to Support Kids with Cancer
Shopping on AmazonSmile is an easy way to support local children battling cancer at no extra cost.
If you are planning on shopping online through Amazon, choose AmazonSmile instead. You can shop for products you love while supporting NNCCF and the children we serve. Launched by Amazon.com in 2013, AmazonSmile offers over one million different nonprofits and organizations for buyers to donate to at no extra cost. This program continues to provide the same products and low prices as Amazon.com while donating 0.5% of the proceeds to a charity. To date, more than $183,120,221 has been donated to a variety of organizations thanks to the partnership with AmazonSmile.
The Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation (NNCCF) joined the available list of charities a few years ago and to-date has received $3,430.18 from AmazonSmile. Sign up for AmazonSmile today and join the many shoppers supporting northern Nevada children battling cancer. It is a simple way to continue to shop for products you love while a portion of the money is donated to NNCCF.
Already have an AmazonSmile account?
Don’t forget to turn on AmazonSmile on the Mobile App!
If you already have an account and have downloaded the mobile app make sure you enable AmazonSmile. You must manually turn this feature on.
Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
Are you ready to create an account on AmazonSmile?
Follow these steps below:
- Visit at smile.amazon.com
- Click “Get Started”
- Sign in with a username and password – Links to your Amazon.com account if one is already created. If not, you must create a new account
- Type in the charity of your choice – Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation
- Select Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation
- Check the box “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation.”
- Click “Start Shopping” to begin
Things to consider:
- Shop AmazonSmile on Amazon Prime Day (Amazon’s biggest sales event) anticipated to take place in September 2020.
- Most items qualify for an AmazonSmile donation, but if not, they will let you know.
- Every item available for purchase is at the same price as Amazon.com.
Every day, millions of shoppers purchase items through Amazon and this program is a simple way to give back to the community. Have you checked out NNCCF’s Toy Cabinet Amazon Wish List? It’s another fun way to support a local child battling cancer by purchasing a toy or item to brighten their day.