Rock the Fall
By: Lindsey Gross
Happy first day of fall! We are officially in pumpkin season – pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cookies and pumpkin candles! Check out these 8 ways to rock the fall while raising funds for kids affected by cancer.
1. Pumpkin Carving Contest – Pumpkin carving is a perfect way to engage the kids and show off some amazing talent! Ask participants to pay a small fee to compete. Send us a picture of the winning pumpkin and earn bragging rights for the rest of the year.
2. Chili Cook-off – Warm some tummies and raise some monies! A fee upon entry gives attendants the opportunity to sample all teams then cast their vote for their favorite chili master.
3. Flag Football Tournament – Recruit your neighbors, family and friends. Adults and kids can play!
4. Host a Trivia Night – Do you know what a baby turkey is called? It’s a poult! Maybe throw some trivia about NNCCF in there too.
5. Harvest Festival – Fall is a perfect time to be outside and get together with family, friends and neighbors. Host a festival for your community or church and donate the proceeds.
6. Costume Contest – Who has the best costume or spookiest office at your workplace? Encourage coworkers to dress up or decorate their space – everyone pitches in a donation and winner gets featured on our site!
7. Football Tailgate – Host a family-friendly tailgate for a Nevada game. Bust out your corn-hole sets, grill hotdogs and hamburgers and wear Nevada blue! Have attendees donate to enjoy your tailgate fundraiser.
8. Fall 5k – Host a Turkey Trot or Great Pumpkin Run! Encourage individuals and teams to run or walk 3.1 miles this fall and donate the entry fees.
There are many creative ways to raise funds for kids here in northern Nevada that are in treatment for cancer. Your fundraising efforts and donations go a long way, as they help pay for expenses including travel costs, copays and bills that insurance will not cover.
Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation wants your fundraiser to be a success! Please contact us with information about your fundraiser so we can put your event on our website. We will also equip you with a banner, book marks with gold ribbon pins, and more information about our foundation.
Contact Lisa Shaffer – Lisa@nvchildrenscancer.org | 775.825.0888